Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Duck, duck, Geese

The other night we went out to feed the ducks and geese. We sat Hadleigh down on the ground in hopes of getting a great picture of her, but once she saw the two geese coming towards her, it was all over. She eventually warmed up them. Well, actually, she realized she could eat the bread herself and that made her happy!





She also passed her 9 month check up last week with flying colors. She weighed in at 17.5lbs (30%) and was 28" (60%). She had a couple of pricks, but overall did pretty well. She has recently started getting very upset when Christian and I leave her. This makes taking her to daycare and going to the gym quite an ordeal. We're hoping that she outgrows this stage quickly, but we've heard it only gets worse as they get older...Great!
Her crawling has progressed. She is no longer doing the "army" crawl and has picked up speed. She is slowly discovering new rooms in the house. The other night, she was in Christian's office and came across the sheep skin rug. I'm not sure what she thought it was, but she freaked out. You would think she would love something so soft. I guess she prefers all the hardwood. She loves practicing pulling herself up. She has had several successful attempts and several wipe outs, but she always recovers very nicely.
She is talking up a storm these days, as well. It usually goes something like this--"giggly, gilly, giggly goo, dilly, dilly, da, doo". She can say and wave "bye-bye" and she'll sometimes wave hello. She loves making a clicking sound with her mouth and is especially into Daisy right now. She talks to Daisy and crawls over to her all the time. Luckily she hasn't pulled too hard on Daisy's ears yet, but I know it's coming. Daisy has been pretty tolerant thus far, but we'll see how much she can take.
Hadleigh makes everyday such a joy!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Love the progress update...she is so cute Allison! I got a package in the mail today from you...thank you for the burp cloths..spit up is no novelty in our house...more like barfing...our children have been coined the name "upchuck baby" by William. It is unbelievable how much they spit up. Thanks for the book too...I am looking forward to the day they are a little more interactive, so we can play! I will take you up on your suggestion and nap instead of sending a thank you card via snail mail...please know how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness! Crazy how Arkansas and the blogging world can bring two people who at one point lived in VA together and went to school but lost touch while in VA!