Sunday, July 13, 2008

The baby boom continues...

I don't have many pictures to post...last week was so hectic I didn't have time to think about my camera! I've been on a major Martha Stewart kick lately making all sorts of baby items, curtains, wall art, and other items that didn't necessarily turn out quite like I imagined! I finally got everything done that I wanted to though by Friday, just in time for the baby shower we were hosting for our friends Stuart and Melissa Staggs. It was great having them in town from Charleston and having all their family and friends over to help celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby girl OR boy Staggs. For the record, I think they are having a boy, but everyone else is convinced it's a girl. We'll see who's right.
On Friday, Hadleigh and I met the beautiful 1-day old Brookelyn Elizabeth for the first time. Derek, Jennifer, and Dylan Gibson welcomed her to their family Thursday morning and she is just adorable. Of course I didn't take my camera, but we'll be sure to get pictures of Hadleigh and her newest friend in the next couple of weeks. Congrats guys!
Hadleigh had a great weekend with all of our company. She behaved like an angel and even let other people hold her without throwing a fit. She has had 2 more teeth break thru this week...she is up to 6 now. Her drooling is up to an all time high which makes keeping my hardwood floors clean impossible! She is really good at saying 'Daisy' now and has started pointing her finger when she talks (not sure what this is about). She shakes her head back and forth when Christian or I tell her "No" and she has suddenly become very ticklish on her tummy. She is smiling all the time and demands attention by clearing her throat very loudly. She does this a lot when we are out shopping and of course it always works!
Here are the few pictures that I took this weekend. Hopefully I'll get some more from our night out Saturday night at One Particular HarborThe expectant couple!All the shower hosts, plus the expectant parents, minus the Gibson's who were occupied with their 1-day old.
"That tickles!""I feel another tooth coming in"

No comments: