Monday, November 10, 2008

Step by step

We can finally and officially say we have a walker. After weeks of taking a few steps here and there, Hadleigh has worked up the courage to stay on her feet long enough to actually get somewhere! She's still a little slow, so if she wants to get somewhere in a hurry, it's back to her knees. I haven't been able to get any video of it (mainly because I don't know how) and it's hard to capture the movement in a picture, but I included one below that shows her getting started. I can't remember why she is crying in this picture, but check out all her teeth! She is close to having a full set of chompers.
Thursday we went to Baby Bookworms at the library and had so much fun. Hadleigh loved the songs and dancing, but her favorite part was digging through the bucket of books and chatting with all her classmates. She has become quite the talker these days. She is the most talkative one in her class at school according to her teachers (she obviously gets that from her dad)!
Saturday night, Christian and I went to a Gala to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association. It was fun to get dressed up (we felt like we were in college again) and have a night out. Thanks to our wonderful sitter, Haley, Hadleigh also had a fun-filled evening.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yea! I was just wondering the other day if she was walking yet! We need to get together again!