In case you couldn't tell by the title, in the midst of the worst ice storm in NWA history, we found out we are having another girl. We couldn't be more thrilled! I would have posted the news sooner, but we are still lacking cable/phone/internet due to the ice. We were very fortunate to have only lost electricity for 1 night and enjoyed some quality family time camping in front of the fireplace. Our friends were without power until Saturday, so they moved in with us for the week which was a blast. Hadleigh got used to having Scarlett (and Jake) around 24/7 and was a bit confused yesterday when she woke up and wasn't greeted by them. The girls had so much fun playing together and it was really nice having them entertain each other while we were cooped up indoors.
As for damage, there are some perks to having a lot with no trees. We literally have one branch (well, you could call it a stick) down, so we are very lucky. The rest of the town looks like a tornado hit. It's going to be a while before Fayetteville looks "normal" again. I'm just hoping the cable company gets their act together soon...I don't think I can stand missing another week of The Real Housewives of OC (pathetic--I know)!
One of our few trees weighted down by the ice
As for damage, there are some perks to having a lot with no trees. We literally have one branch (well, you could call it a stick) down, so we are very lucky. The rest of the town looks like a tornado hit. It's going to be a while before Fayetteville looks "normal" again. I'm just hoping the cable company gets their act together soon...I don't think I can stand missing another week of The Real Housewives of OC (pathetic--I know)!
One of our few trees weighted down by the ice









1 comment:
yay Allison! another girl! Congrats! do we have a name? I am glad ya'll only had to brave the ice without power for one night...it sounded pretty miserable!
Post a Comment