Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hadleigh's Birthday Week


I can't believe our baby is 2! She has become such a big girl. She's weighing in at about 26lbs and is 34" tall. She's wearing a size 4 diaper, but is going on a big potty at least once a day. I think we are on the verge of having a potty training boot camp here! She still has 2 pacifiers that she gets only in bed. Hadleigh is a great sleeper, always going down very easily and has been known to sleep until 8.30-9am on a few lucky mornings. She takes one nap a day lasting 2-3 hours and will often tell us when she is ready to go down. She loves school and playing outside. Her favorite snacks are raisins, yogurt, and fruit snacks. She says the blessing ("God is Great...") before every meal and applauds herself when she is finished. She also won't let you leave her in bed for nap time or bedtime without saying a prayer and saying "I love you, Jesus". I wish I had a tape recorder for all this! She can count to 10 and say her ABC's, though she sometimes likes to shorten it by eliminating everything after G. Her favorite shape is the octagon and gets super excited over every STOP sign and will tell you that an octagon says "stop". She loves bath time and has finally worked up the courage to put her face in and blow bubbles. Our little girl is growing up so quickly and has become an outstanding big sister. She helps with Harper's baths and diaper changes and always makes sure she has a paci on hand. She has started showing her pictures in her books and teaching her what things are. I can't believe in one year, Hadleigh has gone from a babbling crawler, to a non-stop talking walker/runner. We can't wait to see what the upcoming year brings!
"Good Morning, World! I'm 2!"A birthday snack at Rick's Bakery with best friend Scarlett
"Just a tub of icing will do, please."
Meanwhile, Christian recruits his friends to finish up Hadleigh's birthday present--a play set.
All ready for the Bubble birthday party
Harper enjoying the bubbles with Uncle G
The birthday girl!

The cake
Making a wish...I did it all by myself!"Forget smiling, I'm busy!"Making bubbles with a fly swatter
Playing the Bubble Toss/put the ball in the hole while standing 2 inches away Game:)
Loving my new swing

2 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

So cute! Hope she had a great birthday! They do grow up too fast!

Jessica said...

Wow! She's 2!