March has been a whirlwind of traveling and fun. We continued the tradition of attending the SEC Basketball Tournament. This year it was in Nashville which meant we could drive, visit family, and meet up with some old friends. We started the trip by stopping off in Kentucky to visit Grandma and Jack. The girls loved being on the farm and spending time with family. Hadleigh was especially fond of the cows. She wanted nothing to do with the sweetest, friendliest Golden Retriever, but she would have crawled into the pin with the cows if she could!
After a quick visit, we headed down to Nashville to watch some basketball. Christian and I went to the single game Arkansas played while Gammy and Pops enjoyed cheering Kentucky to a championship at the rest of the games. Hadleigh was, of course, coached to cheer "Go CATS" which she proudly did and still will blurt out during any given sporting event. She also referred to Kentucky as "Popstucky". I must admit that I was completely satisfied that Arkansas only played one game...that is about all I can tolerate in one weekend and it meant I could spend more time shopping!
After our mini-vacation to Nashville, we headed down to Little Rock for a visit with Christian's family. Christian and some friends competed in a BBQ competition on Saturday down on the river. It ended up being a beautiful day and their team, The Mighty Fine Swine, turned out some fabulous ribs. Even though they didn't walk away winners, they had fun and are already planning out the next competition. Hadleigh and Harper enjoyed playing with their Little Rock friends and especially loved staying with their cousin Landon. Hadleigh and Landon entertained us all with concerts each evening. Landon would play his clarinet and Hadleigh would dance around. She thought it was the greatest thing ever and I must say, Landon is a pretty talented musician! Our weekend ended with us coming home to 12" of snow on the ground. It was the craziest, most unexpected thing. Luckily it melted pretty quickly, but of course the daycare thought it'd be a great excuse to close:( Anyways, we are finally back to spring weather and hope it is here to stay.
Here are the March pics:
Lining up to race to the cows.
"On your mark, get set, GO!"
After a quick visit, we headed down to Nashville to watch some basketball. Christian and I went to the single game Arkansas played while Gammy and Pops enjoyed cheering Kentucky to a championship at the rest of the games. Hadleigh was, of course, coached to cheer "Go CATS" which she proudly did and still will blurt out during any given sporting event. She also referred to Kentucky as "Popstucky". I must admit that I was completely satisfied that Arkansas only played one game...that is about all I can tolerate in one weekend and it meant I could spend more time shopping!
After our mini-vacation to Nashville, we headed down to Little Rock for a visit with Christian's family. Christian and some friends competed in a BBQ competition on Saturday down on the river. It ended up being a beautiful day and their team, The Mighty Fine Swine, turned out some fabulous ribs. Even though they didn't walk away winners, they had fun and are already planning out the next competition. Hadleigh and Harper enjoyed playing with their Little Rock friends and especially loved staying with their cousin Landon. Hadleigh and Landon entertained us all with concerts each evening. Landon would play his clarinet and Hadleigh would dance around. She thought it was the greatest thing ever and I must say, Landon is a pretty talented musician! Our weekend ended with us coming home to 12" of snow on the ground. It was the craziest, most unexpected thing. Luckily it melted pretty quickly, but of course the daycare thought it'd be a great excuse to close:( Anyways, we are finally back to spring weather and hope it is here to stay.
Here are the March pics:
Lining up to race to the cows.
"On your mark, get set, GO!"








Hadleigh and I went to see Storytime Live with Dora, The Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, and Ni Hao Kai Lan. She was anxiously awaiting Dora, but when Moose A. Moose came out, she jumped into my lap and tried to hide. She eventually warmed up, and ended up singing and dancing along and didn't want to leave when it was over. 













1 comment:
I used to think Hadleigh looked just like you but I really see a lot of Christian in her now! She is too cute as is Harper. Glad to see y'all are doing well.
Post a Comment