Sunday, June 21, 2009

On our own...

Well, we are still surviving. Gammy and Pops left Saturday morning, so we officially made it 2 days on our own! Hadleigh is doing better and better each day, but we still have to keep a very close eye on her around Harper. She requires lots of extra attention lately, but she is learning to entertain herself a little. Her timing is impeccable...it seems like just as I sit down to feed Harper, Hadleigh wakes up from her nap. She has also decided she wants to potty train herself. All of a sudden she is taking off her pants and asking to go to the potty. Of course, I usually have my hands full with Harper at the time, so that's been fun. So far, she has had 3 successful visits to the potty and all this without any prompting from us. My plan was NOT to potty train until I got a handle on life with 2 kids...I guess Hadleigh has a different opinion.
Harper is doing wonderfully. For the most part, she is eating every 2.5 to 3 hours and sleeps great all day. Nights are still unpredictable, but the past 2 nights, we have made it without using the swing. She is still a very quiet little one which we are very thankful for.
Here are pictures from the week.
Daddy with his girls on Father's Day

Pool time in the back yard...someday we'll have the real thing
Trying to get a picture of Hadleigh holding Harper is a near impossible task we're still working on
Aunt Shelly and Landon meeting Harper
Proud Daddy and Doc with Harper


In the midst of all our changes, we decided to switch Hadleigh to her big girl bed. So far she is doing great and hasn't figured out how to get out on her own. She did get very upset today though when I put Harper in her crib for a few minutes...apparently Hadleigh is having a difficult time letting go of her old bed.

3 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

WOW! You have got your hands full! Glad to hear you are making it though!

Ice Cream Family said...

Great pictures! The girls are precious. In a few more weeks maybe we will both find some sort of routine. Thank goodness we both have content babies. :)

I love Hadleigh's bed. Hopefully, she will love it soon, too. :)

Kerry said...

Ahh..transition. I hope it gets better! I know it is difficult...everything is so difficult when you are sleep deprived. Poor Hadleigh,her whole world has changed! She'll get used to it but prayers for you in this transition!