What a holiday and what a relief it finally happened and is over! Hadleigh was supposed to wear her costume to dance on Friday, but I didn't think the sheep was very conducive to dancing, so she was the bumble bee from last year. The tutu was perfect for all her dance moves. That afternoon, our school had a Halloween party, so I took the girls up there so Hadleigh wouldn't miss out. The kids paraded around to all the classrooms and then got a sugar-high at snack time. I'm sure the teacher was glad most of the parents came to take their kids home early that day. As if we didn't already have a fun-filled Friday, we did pumpkin carving at our house that night. Of course when Christian is involved, nothing is done the old-fashion way. He had every power tool possible out and of course the kids quickly lost interest, leaving the dad's to take over. Meanwhile, I'm still cleaning up pumpkin from my wall, floors, and everything in between!
Saturday, Hadleigh and Christian went down to the tailgate for a while before the trick-or-treating festivities began. We practiced all day what she was to say at each house, however, she apparently lost her voice at every single house. Christian said she was pretty timid at every house and was extremely frightened by an 8 year old Dracula. The overall experience was a great one for her and fortunately for us, I think she has already forgotten about all the candy she got last night! Harper was a trooper through all of Hadleigh's parties. She was the cutest cow around by far and did a fabulous job helping me pass out the candy. I even heard a kid tell his dad that he didn't give me the "scary treatment" just because of the baby...lucky me!
Hope you all got lots of treats for Halloween!
Saturday, Hadleigh and Christian went down to the tailgate for a while before the trick-or-treating festivities began. We practiced all day what she was to say at each house, however, she apparently lost her voice at every single house. Christian said she was pretty timid at every house and was extremely frightened by an 8 year old Dracula. The overall experience was a great one for her and fortunately for us, I think she has already forgotten about all the candy she got last night! Harper was a trooper through all of Hadleigh's parties. She was the cutest cow around by far and did a fabulous job helping me pass out the candy. I even heard a kid tell his dad that he didn't give me the "scary treatment" just because of the baby...lucky me!
Hope you all got lots of treats for Halloween!
The best snack at school ever!
She picked out this outfit/shoes for the pumpkin carving
The girls displaying their dads' works of arts
Dylan and Hadleigh on the Razorback grill
Hadleigh geared up for trick-or -treating
My trick-or-treaters at work
An exhausted sheep post- trick-or-treating. The costume is on it's last leg!
Mommy's happy helper:)



2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! We had a great Halloween too! Tatumn was Snow White, and she had the best time dressing up for all of her events.
Thanks for the compliments on the pics! I am still learning, so there are no side plans for a side business at this point. I would love to practice on your girls sometime though. Let me know if you guys will be in town and have time!
hi! thanks so much for the prego congrats!! we are very excited! love all your adorable halloween pictures!! the girls are too cute!
Post a Comment