Tuesday, September 2, 2008

One year check up

I still can't believe it has been a year! Hadleigh had her 1 year check up today and of course checked out perfectly. A few updates...
She weighed in at 18.24lbs (10th percentile) and measured 29.5" (60th percentile)
She now has 12 teeth and is enjoying eating primarily table food
Favorite foods include cheese, grapes, cottage cheese, plums, green beans, turkey, edamame, and cheese (did I mention she loves cheese!)
She doesn't take a bottle at all and drinks whole milk now from her sippy cups only
She can talk up a storm as long as she is not having one of her "shy moments"
She can say car, dog, mama, dada, Daisy, ball, baby, and duck along with a few other words that aren't always quite so clear.
She can make a monkey, dog, and duck sound when asked (most of the time)
Favorite activities include swinging, taking walks in her car or wagon, playing with her fruit puzzle, messing with Daisy, dancing to music, following mommy wherever she goes, and taking great naps (thank goodness for this!)
Not so enjoyable activities...baths
She is not walking yet, but enjoys using her car to get around on her feet. The other day I tried to push her up the street on her car and she insisted on getting off and walking herself all the way to the neighbors house. Getting home was a bit more of a challenge. The downhill slope caused her car to go a bit too fast for her so she really had to work to keep up. It won't be too much longer and she'll be running over to her friend's house.




1 comment:

Anita Monet said...

This is so great -- thanks Allison. I can't believe Hadleigh sounds so much older than when we saw her -- I miss all of you!! Love, Helen