...sewing and painting. It finally set in a couple of weeks ago that we are about to have another baby! So, we have been frantically trying to get things done around the house. It's amazing how unprepared we were compared to when we were anticipating Hadleigh's arrival. We have accomplished a lot over the past 2 weeks, though, and I finally feel somewhat ready.
We decided to use the same nursery for the new baby and move Hadleigh into a new room. Christian painted her new room and all the furniture that goes in it, except for the daybed, which is on order (hopefully to arrive soon). I finally finished all her bedding and curtains and used the leftover fabric to cover a lampshade and nightlight.
We also redid the bathroom that the girls will share. I had never done much to it because I wanted to see if our second child would be a boy or girl . It is still a work in progress, but at least I got the shower curtain and shade done and Christian completed the painting. Here are a few pictures of our progress.
The bedding minus the bed
We decided to use the same nursery for the new baby and move Hadleigh into a new room. Christian painted her new room and all the furniture that goes in it, except for the daybed, which is on order (hopefully to arrive soon). I finally finished all her bedding and curtains and used the leftover fabric to cover a lampshade and nightlight.
We also redid the bathroom that the girls will share. I had never done much to it because I wanted to see if our second child would be a boy or girl . It is still a work in progress, but at least I got the shower curtain and shade done and Christian completed the painting. Here are a few pictures of our progress.
The bedding minus the bed

These nightlights were so easy to make and I love the way they turned out. I just hope they don't catch on fire!

We've had a little time for play, too, despite all our hard work. Here are some pictures from the weekend. Hadleigh loved swimming in pool and even went all the way under. It scared her a little, but she was fine as soon as she popped back up. Swim lessons this year should be a blast.






4 comments:
You are soooo talented. The bedding and shower curtain are so cute. I love them. I can't believe you are already 37 weeks! Keep up updated and let me know if there is anything I can do! Love the new rooms!
Devin
Way to go with all the sewing! I don't know how you had the energy. :) The bathroom looks great!
I bet Hadleigh will love her new big girl room. She looks so cute in her polka dot swimsuit!
That looks great!! You did awesome!
How cute! Love all the new bedding...when did you learn how to sew? I am impressed! I can't believe you are so close...did you ever come up with a name? Can't wait to hear the big news of your new arrival...prayers for a safe delivery.
Post a Comment