Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Weekend Part 1

Since I've already taken so many pictures this weekend, and it's only Saturday, I decided to go on and post the pictures from last night and today. We started our Easter weekend dying eggs. We were amazed at how well Hadleigh did at this. I was convinced it would be such a mess, but she did great. She got so excited over her first dyed egg that she threw it down and smashed it!
This morning we had an Easter Egg Hunt with her school. Hadleigh was so excited to see all her friends and knew exactly what to do when the hunt began. She even won a prize for guessing the closest amount of jelly beans in the jar (with her dad's help). We will now be eating jelly beans until Christmas, but I'm not complaining!
Our neighbors invited us over for another egg hunt this afternoon where Hadleigh discovered her love for peppermint patties. I was beginning to wonder if she would ever take a liking to chocolate. We ended our day with a yummy pizza from Mellow Mushroom and some playtime over at Scarlett's. Hadleigh wore us out today for sure, but I hope she has enough left in her to do it all again tomorrow (I'm not sure I do)!






Note the broken egg in this picture
Scarlett wondering "Why are you dumping out all your eggs, Hadleigh?"

Ready, set, hunt...she was ready


1 comment:

Ice Cream Family said...

I love the look on Hadleigh's face while she is coloring eggs. She is so proud of that cracked egg! Cute! Did she eat it?